Didbrook, Glos

Didbrook is a small village about midway between Tewkesbury and Stow-on-the-Wold.

The first record we can find of a Pitman there is in 1737, with the baptism of Frances, the second child of our 6xgreat grandparents William and Jane. Their three younger children were also baptised in Didbrook, and the Pitman name continued in the village throughout most of the 19th century, there being just a mother and daughter of that name in 1881, and no-one in 1891. The last parish register entry we have found is the burial of the infant Arthur John Pitman from neighbouring Hyde in 1893.

The approach to Didbrook church